The Wiegand Interface Module (WIM) is an add-on device available from ISONAS.
- It allows connecting an external, Wiegand-only reader to the serial port on an RC-03.
- A credential presented on the Wiegand-only reader is treated like a presentation on the RC-03.
- Allows for in/out style doors.
- Allows for two-factor authentication on an RC-03 using 3rd party devices.
- Factor 1 can be a read from a credential on RC-03.
- Factor 2 could be a read from a Wiegand fingerprint sensor.
- Factor 2 could be a read from a Wiegand license plate reader.
The main function it is used for is in/out style doors. The door remains locked at all times, a valid badge on either the interior reader (RC-03) or exterior reader (Wiegand device) unlocks the door.
To enable this functionality:
- Put the RC-03 in server mode.
- Open the Reader Commander tool and connect to the device.
- Issue a “Set Wiegand” command .
- Disable (no WIM support).
- Wiegand Raw (WIM support, no bitmasking).
- Wiegand w/ HID processing (WIM support, bitmasking applied) – most common setting when using a WIM.
- Close Reader Commander and point your reader back to Pure Access (set it into Client Mode).
Once the above is complete your device will support the WIM in Pure Access.