In order to configure email/SMTP for receiving alerts, password resets, and web access invitations in Pure Access Manager, please follow the below steps.
Note that if you are running PAM 2.12.2, you will need to configure allowed hosts in order for password reset emails to send. See the bottom of this page for more information.
- Navigate to the ROOT.properties file located in the folder C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps
- Open file using Notepad or your preferred text editor.
- Change the “Email Config” section to your preferred settings:
- Additionally, you need to set the email.file.base.path value so that the hyperlinks within emails can direct users to the correct system. By default, this is set to https://isonaspureaccesscloud.com, but must be changed to the PAM server’s IP address or hostname:
- If running Pure Access Manager v2.12.2, see the bottom of this page before continuing.
- For Pure Access Manager v2.9.2 or earlier, you can now save the document and then reboot the server (or restart the Apache Tomcat service):
If you have an email server which requires SSL or TLS for a connection, you will need to speak with your system administrator about setting up an email relay server for Pure Access to use.
Additional information (allowed.hosts) will need to be added to the bottom of the ROOT.properties file to get SMTP to function. This section will need to contain comma-separated values for the addresses with which the server can be accessed.